Subject: Re: console.cc patch for console colors
From: [email-masked]

9 Mar 1998 14:00:20 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   Larry Hall ([email-masked])
>   Sun, 08 Mar 1998 23:49:06 -0500
>
>I'm happy to announce that I've made my first patch for cygwinb19.dll!  Big
>deal, I know.  I've included the patch below for those interested.
>
>The patch fixes bugs and adds functionality to terminal color handling
>facilities in cygwinb19.dll (console.cc).  The first patch includes the
>changes
>made to the console.cc file by Sergey's "morefcntl.diff" patch from March
>5, 1998.  I've also added and enabled a little functionality (dim and
>invisible
>console modes)

Do you by any chance know whether the mouseclick escape codes have been
completely implemented?

For those who want to just use changes rather than build them, I've uploaded
>a zip file called cygwinDLLwithConsoleColorPatch.zip to the incoming directory
>on ftp.deninc.com.  Hopefully it will be moved to a more appropriate spot
>soon.

Careful.  He sends nasty email if you write things like that.

>The zip file contains a prebuilt DLL on top of all patches from Sergey as of
>March 5, 1998 plus a patch that was posted to the list that was supposed to
>fix the ash quote bug.  I haven't tested any of these patches (other than my
>own).  I have tried out my changes with the ncurses.exe program from the
>ncurses 4.1 distribution as well as with vim 5.0 release using the syntax
>highlighting.  It seems to work well for me.  If you don't like having a
>black background and white foreground, this patch is for you!;-)
>
Strange thing.  libslang does this as well.  BUT, libmcslang, the older
version from the Midnight Commander distribution does mostly color.  I
know, because I tried it out with lynx, and I got really good foreground,
not so good background, but a really _clean_ readable screen!

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".