Subject: Re: Cygnus b19 gcc and Mingw32
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Faylor)

9 Mar 1998 06:25:00 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

In article <[email-masked]>,
Colin Peters <[email-masked]> wrote:
>On a new point. Are Mingw32 programs the only ones suffering from bizarre
>problems with stdin, stdout and such under bash? I seem to remember
>something about non-Cygwin32 programs
>having output disappear, and it definitely happens to me.

Here's a patch that I've submitted to Cygnus which should deal with
this problem.

If you want a prebuilt .dll, check out:

http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf/cygwinb19.dll-gz

(Don't ask about the the -gz "extension".  My ISP is incompetent...)

	patch from [email-masked] (Christopher Faylor)
	* spawn.cc (spawn_guts):  Make argument handling after `#! pgm'
	handle spaces similarly to UNIX.  Close "linearized" file handles
	when a non-cygwin32 binary is executed or suffer hangs on exit.
	Reorganize lpReserved2 buffer to avoid conflicts with Microsoft usage
	which resulted in incorrect stdin/stdout operation with programs
	compiled using MSVC.
	* pinfo.cc (pinfo_init):  Accomodate change to lpReserved2
	organization.

-- 
http://www.bbc.com/	[email-masked]			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".