Subject: RE: Cygnus b19 gcc and Mingw32
From: [email-masked] (Colin Peters)

8 Mar 1998 22:42:27 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "GNU-Win32" <[email-masked]>

Stan Cox from Cygnus sent a reply to my original mailing about troubles with
Mingw32 and b19, including the source for __main __do_global_ctors and
__do_global_dtors. With that I took another stab at it and it seems that
Mingw32 can be made to work on b19 with a bit of a hack. I have posted a new
snapshot of Mingw32 to my homepage (see .sig) which seems to work when using
the b19 tools. Unfortunately Geocities seems to be out of service right now
so I haven't been able to update that site yet.

On a new point. Are Mingw32 programs the only ones suffering from bizarre
problems with stdin, stdout and such under bash? I seem to remember
something about non-Cygwin32 programs
having output disappear, and it definitely happens to me.

Colin.

PS. The nature of the hack is this: Mingw32 versions of __main and friends
are included in libmingw32.a for now. I have done very little testing, but
anyway it doesn't crash.

-- Colin Peters - colin at fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp
-- Saga Univ. Dept. of Information Science
-- http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162/index.html
-- http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/index.html

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".