Subject: Re: BUG REPORT: patch
From: [email-masked] (David Fox)

8 Mar 1998 22:20:40 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

David Fox <[email-masked]> writes:

> Geoffroy Montel <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > There's a slight bug in the patch command: the files processed by
> > "patch" then have the DOS format.... a bit annoying isn't it?
> 
> "sed" does the same thing.

I know that files, and specifically the output file, is opened in text
mode by default, but this is a problem for me if the input file
happened to be a unix style text file.  I also know that there is a
"registry" variable you can set to control this behavior, but I'm not
very familiar with Windows terminology - is a registry variable a
value that can be adjusted on a per-process basis, like an environment
variable?  It doesn't sound like it is, it sounds more like an X
windows resource.  I could live with an environment variable.

-david
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".