Subject: Re: -- does no longer work in B19 !?!?
From: [email-masked]

8 Mar 1998 19:37:24 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   Michael Hirmke ([email-masked])
>   08 Mar 1998 20:34:00 +0100
>
>MIKE-[/var/log]_$ls -la taylor
>total 283
>drwxr-xr-x   8 544      DomUser         0 Mar  8 00:21 ./
>drwxr-xr-x  21 544      DomUser         0 Mar  8 21:30 ../
>-rw-------   1 544      DomUser    202013 Mar  8 16:24 Debug
>-rw-------   1 544      DomUser      2628 Mar  8 01:05 Debug.tst
>-rw-r--r--   1 544      DomUser    202013 Mar  8 16:24 Log
>-rw-r--r--   1 544      DomUser      2628 Mar  8 01:05 Log.tst
>-rw-r--r--   1 544      DomUser    162095 Mar  8 16:24 Stats
>-rw-rw-rw-   1 544      DomUser      1260 Mar  8 00:37 Stats.tst
>MIKE-[/var/log]_$tar -cvz -f x.tgz -- taylor
>tar: Cowardly refusing to create an empty archive
>Try `tar --help' for more information.

While we're at it, cowardly one, there are time-dependent problems in
b19 that suggest that cygwinb19.dll is acting like a system virus:

Using strip.exe on an executable occasionally results in a file that
gives `cannot be run in DOS mode' messages and is less than 5% the
size of the original file.

Some programs, notably mc.exe and mcedit.exe, run initially under bash,
then crash or freeze when started.  This is true of mc4.0 through
mc4.1.21.

Other programs, such as Ming launch.exe, change behavior over time,
eventually failing to execute.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".