Subject: Re: A little further with ncurses 4.1 and win95
From: [email-masked] (Toni L. Harbaugh)

8 Mar 1998 16:35:17 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "Toni L. Harbaugh" <[email-masked]>

On 5 Mar 1998, Michael Hirmke wrote:

  > Hi Toni,
  > 
  > >Folks:
  > >
  > >I figured what was causing the ncurses-4.1 configure to hang my
  > >system - it was bash.  By FORCING configure to use ash, ncurses-4.1
  > >completes the configure.  But I also found it necessary to move
  > >bash.exe to /bin/sh.exe in order for make to work.
  > 
  > Sorry to correct you, but with copying bash.exe to /bin/sh you forced
  > configure to use *bash*, not *ash* !!
  > Perhaps you started configure with "ash ./configure", but nevertheless
  > all subsequent calls to "sh" got bash from /bin/sh !

Sorry I was not clear, but I copied bash to to /bin/sh.exe *after* I did the
configure.

In fact, in successive builds (including groff), I did not use bash at
all.  I copied ash *back* to /bin/sh, and even ran ash interactively to
prevent my computer from locking up.  No amount of 'environmental
reduction' appears to be enough to satisfy bash.

BTW, Is there something wrong with the gnu-win32 list, or is it that
there are an unusually large number of messages being processed since
the release of b19?  Lately I've had to wait four days to see each
of my posts and other's responses to them.  Are other people
experiencing this?

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".