Subject: Re: Simple Win32 program
From: [email-masked] (Mark Read)

8 Mar 1998 13:56:47 -0800
Message-ID: <006701bd4a9b$70c22580$299f23cb.cygnus.gnu-win32@markread>
Reply-To: "Mark Read" <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

Hi Jason.

Thanks for the source code you passed on from Tomas. While I couldn't get
the make to work (how do I do this from my DOSBOX?), I did get the single
line gcc compile to work. The wintest.exe worked on my Win98 beta3
environment okay.

I took a look at the source code. wintest.c is straight forward. However, I
do not understand at all what crt0twin.c (window?) and crt0tcon.c (console?)
do!! Can you shed any light on this? Are these 2 files needed? Are they
stubs of some kind?

Cheers, Mark.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Dagit <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Date: Sunday, 8 March 1998 12:41
Subject: Simple Win32 program

>Ok, I would just like to say, I got my first Win32 program compiled
>today.  If any other newbies need the source please step forward.  I
>think I have sent a copy to eveyone who asked for one, but I might have
>missed someone.  Also, I would like to say something that Tomas Vanak
>told me.
><Quote>
>recently I've found that the success very very very depends on CR/LF at
>the end of lines. If you have mounted text=binary and lines end with
>CRLF,
>you are f**k*d. <---[censored :)]
>So try this: Try to make it yourself by issuing command from Makefile
>from command line-
>gcc -o wintest wintest.c crt0twin.c -lkernel32 -luser32
>-Wl,--subsystem,windows
></Quote>
>It worked for me.  I will try to pull the information that I have used
>to get started together so that it can be added to the FAQ or put on the
>Cygnus web page.  This might not get done until Sunday though.
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".