Subject: Re: Linking msvc 5.0 against cygwinb19.dll
From: [email-masked]

8 Mar 1998 00:44:28 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   Gordon Watts ([email-masked])
>   Thu, 05 Mar 1998 16:14:22 -0600
>  I've just started using b19. I would like to use some of the routines
>provided by cygwinb19.dll in my msvc++ programs. I remember a huge
>discussion about this for b18 (I went and looked at some of the archives),
>but I think I remember reading some where that things weren't as difficult
>now...
>  In short, I'm asking:
>        - How do I generate the .lib file to match the .dll correctly?
>        - Do I need to make any special calls before I use the cygwinb19.dll
>routines?

A lot of us have been wondering something like this: Whether it is possible
to use only a subset of cygwin, remembering that cygwin has a full host of
file functions and terminal functions that use Unix '/' instead of Dos
'\\' and make assumptions about ansi escape sequences that mean things like
color attribute and cursor position and mouse click location.

Cygwin assumes that you link with crt0.o or whatever that comes with the
cygnus /usr/local/lib, whereas MSC and MINGW32 link to other crt0.obj and
assume different library DLL's than the cygwinb19.dll.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".