Subject: Mingw32 & Cygwin32 (b19)
From: [email-masked] (Paul Garceau)

7 Mar 1998 23:09:38 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

Hi folks,

	Currently I am in the process of developing a package that effectively 
multitasks under NT 4.0.  This package, by its nature, must also be 
capable of running under Win95/98.

	In regards to this, several questions have just popped into my mind re: 
Mingw32 and Cygwin32 (b19).

	1.	Can they co-exist? (Newbie question)

	By co-exist, I mean is it possible to use headers or libs from both 
Mingw32 and Cygwin32 to compile single executables?  

	If so, this would seem like an excellent way to enable any cygwin32 (b19)
programs to be "thread safe".  As I understand it, cygwin32 (b19) is not 
"thread safe" whereas Mingw32_gcc-2.8.0 is.

	Are the executables compiled under b19, in fact, "thread safe"?  The 
cygwin32 FAQ is unclear about this.

	I look forward to hearing from everyone.

	Peace,

		Paul G.	

Information Systems Consultant
NewDawn Productions
http://www.teleport.com/~pgarceau/taliesin
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".