Subject: Fw: earnie's install script
From: [email-masked] (Morph)

7 Mar 1998 22:36:52 -0800
Message-ID: <006b01bd488f$01227300$0d03a798.cygnus.gnu-win32@jewell>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0068_01BD488E.FE50B560"
To: "Gnu-win32" <[email-masked]>

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01BD488E.FE50B560
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi

I can't remember where I got the attached install script (probably from this
list), but I found I had problems getting it to run under bash in b19.
After a bit of fiddling about, I managed to get it working, so I've attached
it in case anyone finds it useful.

I don't (didn't) know much about the shell commands while and test, but is
it a bug if bash can't parse -

while test $# -gt 0 ;

I also found I had to remove the backslashes (\) at the end of  various
lines, as bash didn't like those either.  Anyone know why they would have
been there in the first place?

Morph

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01BD488E.FE50B560
Content-Type: application/octet-stream;
	name="install"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="install"

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01BD488E.FE50B560--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".