Subject: RE: Registry Entries??
From: [email-masked] (Paul At Home.)

7 Mar 1998 16:47:19 -0800
Message-ID: <01BD4870.044F8820.cygnus.gnu-win32@HOME>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

      To use/understand 'Cygin BETA 19 alternative mounting scheme',
      you may take a look at 'Mountall Addon' that I have placed to:
      http://www.qub.com. English is under development ;)

Rgds.Paul.

> ----------
> From: 	Sergey Okhapkin
> Sent: 	Wednesday, March 04, 1998 12:07 PM
> To: 	[email-masked]; 'Earnie Boyd'
> Subject: 	RE: Registry Entries??

> Earnie Boyd wrote:
> In the registry of my NT 3.51 I have under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, HKEY_USERS
> keys with "Cygnus Solutions" and "Cygnus Support" which have subkeys
> that eventually point to the mounted filesystem data.  The "Cygnus
> Solutions" data is correct and the "Cygnus Support" data is not.
>

"Cygnus Support" is an old entry name for betas up to 17.1 (did you have it 
installed?)

> Also, under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE I have a key "Cygnus" and a key "Cygnus
> Solutions"; under "Cygnus" there is a subkey of "Cygwin32 Beta 19" and
> under that "B19"; no data exists under this key.  Under the "Cygnus

The entry was created by cygwin b19 installer.

> Solutions" we end up with mount points ranging from 00 to 1D hex with no
> data in the mount points.

It's a global mount table inherittable by all users. You can create a mount 
entries with registry editor, and every user will inherit this settings. 
The entries are very useful when running cygwin-based CGI scripts with IIS 
- IUSR_COMPUTERNAME accout created by IIS is very interesting - it have no 
HKCU registry tree at all :-) So, the global table is the only way to 
provide mounts to this account. If user's mount entry have different 
settings than global one, cygwinb19.dll uses user's entry.

--
Sergey Okhapkin
Moscow, Russia
Looking for a job

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".