Subject: apology and question
From: [email-masked]

7 Mar 1998 08:35:33 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

Ken McIntyre@DART CONTAINER CORPORATION
03/05/98 09:35 AM
First of all, I would like to apologize to anyone who may have been
offended by my remarks regarding beta software.  I heard what you said and
I do appreciate it   Thank you for your help.  I also went to b19 as some
of you suggested

Additionally, I do have another problem I hope someone could help me with.
I'm attempting to rename some files within a script.   When I key in the
following:

 find $HOMEPATH/zz_bom -name '*.cmd' -print | sed 's/\.cmd//'

I get:

\users\D20113/zz_bom/create_menu

When I  key in:

 find $HOMEPATH/zz_bom -name '*.cmd' -print | sed 's/\.cmd//' | xargs -i@
@.cmd @.sh

I get:

mv: usersD20113/zz_bom/create_menu.cmd: No such file or directory

Notice the backslashes disappear in the file name.  I know about the
differences in file
naming conventions between DOS and Unix, but gnuwin appeared to handle that
 in most
instances.  Why do they disappear in this instance?  Also, when I key in
SET, there
doesn't appear to be an environment variable with the forward slashes.

Thanks again for all your suggestions and help

[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".