Subject: gettimeofday function, and crypt
From: [email-masked] (David Skidmore)

7 Mar 1998 07:06:03 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

I am running B19 under Win95( I know, but my parents would be completely
mistified about Linux...) Anyway, I have code that makes calls to the UNIX
gettimeofday function, but when I compile it, it says it's an implicit
definition, or whatever.  Is there a seperate header that I need to
include to do this?  Also, why no crypt() support?  I thought it was in an
earlier version...

BTW, It compiles clean under Linux 2.0.*, and with only a few warnings
under Digital UNIX.

Oh, yet another question...  Is there some way to have it not show all the
warnings suggesting I use braces around my else statements?  I have it set
-Wall, but I've seen THAT warning on no other system.

--------------------------------------------------------
David Skidmore  is a Freshman
Computer Engineering Major at
Rochester Institute of Technology
in Rochester, NY

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".