Subject: b19 `make' impressions
From: [email-masked] (Kevin Layer)

7 Mar 1998 07:05:55 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

I know this isn't useful as a bug report.  I just want to give my
impressions.

After upgrading to b19 (from b18) `make' acted very, very weird.  It
complained about unknown source file types (I was making a target
named dcl.dxl and it complained that dcl.dxl was an unknown source
file type).

This is on a makefile that seconds before worked fine with b18's
`make'.

Second, I got crashes in the "16-bit subsystem" NTVDM in make.exe (or
was it cmd.exe?) while make was running.

I even tried Sergey's new dll (as of yesterday), but that didn't
change things.  I also rebooted, to make sure it wasn't a transient
problem.

I've had to go back to b18 to do useful work.

If there's a fix that is supposed to fix these problems, I will be
will to try it out.

Kevin Layer             [email-masked]        http://www.franz.com/
Franz Inc., 1995 University Avenue, Suite 275, Berkeley, CA  94704, USA
Phone: (510) 548-3600   FAX: (510) 548-8253
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".