Subject: Re: (NBY) newbie question--b18 not following PATH correctly
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

7 Mar 1998 02:24:04 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>From: [email-masked]
>To: [email-masked]
>Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 09:16:40 -0500
>Subject: newbie question--b18 not following PATH correctly
>
>
>
>Ken McIntyre@DART CONTAINER CORPORATION
>03/04/98 09:16 AM
>I hate to interrupt you other people in the middle of the new b19 (it 
looks
>great), but I am attempting to install b18 for the first time (I know, 
but
>I'd rather not bet my job on beta software, particularly software I 
haven't
>worked  with before).  I installed the software OK on NT 4.0 SP 1, set 
my
>system variables correctly, created the tmp directory and keyed in 
"sh".
>It worked great, everything worked fine until it tanked on the FIND
>command.  I then followed the suggestion in the FAQ file, played with 
my
>path and it still doesn't work correctly.  The info is shown below:
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>-----
>C:\i-deas\ms5\ulib\geo\bom>sh
>bash$ type find
>find is /WINNT40/system32/find.exe
>bash$ path
>
>bash$
>bash$ exit
>exit
>
>C:\i-deas\ms5\ulib\geo\bom>path
>PATH=c:\gnu\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin;C:\WINNT40\system32;C:\WINNT40;

Are you positive it is c:\gnu\b18\... and not c:\gnuwin32\b18\...?

The PATH is searched in order left to right.  If one doesn't exist it 
will just skip it a go on to the next one.  In your case this in the 
WINDOWS directory where there will exist a FIND.EXE that takes a 
different format and performs differently.

>
>C:\WINNT40\system32\nls\ENGLISH;C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin;C:\gnuw
>in32\b18\tcl\bin;
>          C:\ORANT\BIN;Z:.;Y:.;X:.;Z:.;Y:.;X:.
>
>C:\i-deas\ms5\ulib\geo\bom>sh
>bash$ type find
>find is /WINNT40/system32/find.exe
>bash$
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>---------
>
>As you can see, the path seems to be correct, but it still picks up the
>Windows FIND.   What am I missing?
>
>I apologize for disturbing you with such a simple question, but I'm
>baffled.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>[email-masked]
>
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: http://www.relisoft.com

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".