Subject: Re: Any interest in my collection of xx.exe.core files?
From: [email-masked]

7 Mar 1998 02:08:06 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   [email-masked]
>   Sun, 1 Mar 1998 15:44:36 GMT
>Is anyone at cygnus interested in my growing collection of
>mc.exe.core, nroff.exe.core, tkmc.exe.core files?

This is what happens while testing a console game program, trojka.exe.
Note that the tk  version of gdb doesn't permit copying text from its
screen, so gdb was invoked with the -wn option.  A number of programs
that formerly worked under b18 give this kind of error exit under b19:

Starting program: /dev/hda5/src/trojka/trojka.exe
GDI32.DLL (symbols previously loaded)
USER32.DLL (symbols previously loaded)
KERNEL32.DLL (symbols previously loaded)
ADVAPI32.DLL (symbols previously loaded)
CYGWINB19.DLL (symbols previously loaded)

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x544aaf in _end__ ()
(gdb)

==========================================================================
trojka.exe.core:

(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) Exception trapped!
(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) exception C0000005 at 10044AAF
(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) exception: ax 0 bx 0 cx FFFFFFFF dx 0
(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) exception: si 254FCA8 di 8158B064 bp 254FC68 sp 254FC64
(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) Stack trace:
(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) frame 0: sp = 0x254F974, pc = 0x1000A26C
(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) frame 1: sp = 0x254FA98, pc = 0xBFF7663C
(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) frame 2: sp = 0x254FABC, pc = 0xBFF859D9
(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) frame 3: sp = 0x254FB54, pc = 0xFFECBAD7
(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) frame 4: sp = 0x254FC68, pc = 0x403358
(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) frame 5: sp = 0x254FC84, pc = 0x4010BD
(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) frame 6: sp = 0x254FC8C, pc = 0x10006B59
(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) frame 7: sp = 0x254FE0C, pc = 0x10006B6C
(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) frame 8: sp = 0x254FE18, pc = 0x40C54A
(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) frame 9: sp = 0x254FE28, pc = 0x40103A
(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) frame 10: sp = 0x254FE38, pc = 0xBFF88F75
(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) frame 11: sp = 0x254FF78, pc = 0xBFF88E23
(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) frame 12: sp = 0x254FFF4, pc = 0xBFF8783F
(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) frame 13: sp = 0x8158D3D4, pc = 0x6
(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(E:\SRC\TROJKA\TROJKA.EXE 1001) Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".