Subject: JDE 1.9.5 Released
From: [email-masked] (Paul Kinnucan)

6 Mar 1998 22:04:07 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

Version 1.9.5 of the Java Development Environment for Emacs
is available for download from http://sunsite.auc.dk/jde/.

The JDE is an Emacs Lisp package that provides a highly configurable
Emacs wrapper for command-line Java development tools, such as those
provided in JavaSoft's JDK. The JDE provides menu access to a Java
compiler, debugger, 
and API doc. The Emacs/JDE combination adds features
typically missing from command-line tools, including: 

     syntax coloring 
     auto indentation 
     compile error to source links 
     source-level debugging 
     source code browsing 

The new releases fixes the following bugs:

- The Run Application command does not default to the class in
  the current buffer when jde-run-application-class = "". Thanks
  to Fabio Di Fabio <[email-masked]> for reporting this bug.

- The Help command does not work with browsers, such as w3,
  that require a URL. Thanks to Les Schaffer <[email-masked]>
  for providing a fix.

- The speedbar regexps for methods match method-like constructs
  in comments. Thanks to "Todd P. Carpenter" <[email-masked]>
  for reporting this bug.

- Setting jde-compile-option-vm-args wipes out other compile
  option settings.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".