Subject: Bash from B19 interaction with non-cygwin programs
From: [email-masked] (Glauber Ribeiro)

6 Mar 1998 18:11:18 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hello,

I just installed cdk and usertools from Cygwin B19 on my Windows NT 4.0
(SP3) workstation computer. Bash version seems to be 2.01.1(2)-release.
I installed the bash binary, didn't compile it.

OK, now the problem. Some non-cygwin programs which worked fine with
B18's bash, don't work anymore. One example is ftp
(\winnt\system32\ftp.exe). FTP seems to be running with its input
redirected somewhere else. What i type in the keyboard doesn't get to
it.

I tried setting the CYGWIN32 variable to "tty", "notty", and leaving it
blank, but this made no difference.

thanks for the attention,

Glauber

-- 
Glauber Ribeiro --- IWS
mailto://[email-masked]
http://www.iws-irms.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".