Subject: a question ref: B19 (b18?)
From: [email-masked] (Theodore Jump)

6 Mar 1998 13:55:03 -0800
Message-ID: <34fc2800.6644984.cygnus.gnu-win32@smtp>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

First off, I've been having good success building/installing different
things today (ncurses-4.1, less-332, make 3.76.1, vim-5.0) and have been
having few difficulties - but do have a recurring theme that comes up that I
need to do manually for which I *hope* there is a better fix.

Secondly, I *have* spent a little time (15-30 minutes) trying to find an
answer in the ML archives and via Deja News - to no avail.

The recurring-theme is that the portions of the makefiles that copy
executable files into place needs to have the file extension (.EXE) appended
in order to function. These typically take two forms (so far) ...

	${INSTALL_PROGRAM} fooprogram ${bindir}/${binprefix}fooprogram

	<or>

	$(INSTALL_PROGRAM) $$p $(bindir)/`echo $$p|sed '$(transform)'`;

My hope is that someone has figured out, or there is a standard way, to get
the environment to recognize .EXE files in these cases, any takers?

TIA,
-Ted
______________________________________________________________________
There are no facts, there is no truth, just data to be manipulated...
(-Don Henley)
http://www.i21.com/~tjump                  http://www.fighterduel.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".