Subject: Re: LL.dll or is it ii.dll
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Faylor)

6 Mar 1998 13:54:57 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

In article <[email-masked]>,
James Dumser  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>On Fri, 27 Feb 1998 14:49:35 -0800 (PST), Geoffrey Noer 
>  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> \"Zow\" Terry Brugger wrote:
>> [...]
>>> conceivable). Now that file could be LL.dll or ii.dll. Heck, it could 
>>> even be Li.dll or iL.dll for all I know (the font's not very 
>>> descriptive). I mailed the XEmacs-NT list to see if maybe it was a 
>>> XEmacs thing, but I'm also posting here in case it's a B19 thing. So 
>>> does this dll mean anything to anyone here, especially those that put 
>>> together B19?
>> [...]
>> 
>> I haven't tested building XEmacs with b19.  I certainly have never
>> heard of ll.dll or ii.dll.
>
>I don't know what ll.dll ii.dll is either, but I've been getting the
>same message.
>
>After installing B19, vim (5.0h compiled for cygwin [B18], for which I
>only got binaries from someone on this list) stopped working correctly
>-- it still works, but it doesn't recognize that it's attached to a
>terminal (exact error is "Vim: Warning: Output is not to a terminal /
>Vim: Warning: Input is not from a terminal") so the display is
>"uncooked."
>
>I pulled down vim-5.0k and attempted to build it under B19. It builds
>(tho with several warnings), but the executable aborts with the message
>"The dynamic link library ll could not be found in the specified path"
>The only libraries it uses are X11 and ncurses, neither of which have
>been recompiled for B19. I don't need X11 support, but turning it off is
>just a little difficult without a working vi.

All of these problems sound to me like they are due to running the B18
version of ld.  Is it possible that a PATH or GCC_* environment variable
is set wrong somewhere?
-- 
http://www.bbc.com/	[email-masked]			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".