Subject: Re: Coolview problems - everything went slow!
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

6 Mar 1998 02:54:17 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>From: Administrator <[email-masked]>
>To: "Gnu-Win32 Archive (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Coolview problems - everything went slow!
>Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 06:09:51 -0000
>
>Help!
>
>I pulled down the coolview binaries and found they fixed the most
>annoying bugs in bash, ie use of double ESC to complete a path, correct
>job control, etc. However....
>
>Everything went very slow. Like 30 second response time. Previously it
>was immediate. Also, bash refuses to read my .bashrc file, giving the
>error:
>
>	"bash.exe: /d/users/jonathanlunt/.bashrc: error 0" 

The problem here is the \r\n line endings you must remove the \r.

cp .bashrc junk
tr -d "\r" < junk > .bashrc
rm junk

Note: you must do this for all scripts and source code.

>
>The path stated is my home directory. All this works fine without
>coolview. Odd thing - if I fun b18 bash and then call coolview, the
>.bashrc is still bust, but the performance is really snappy.
>

How do you instantiate both the original bash and the coolview bash?  
The cygwin.dll replacement should cause the original bash to abort as 
there existed a misspelled function name for which bash was modifed to 
use.  Unless of course Sergey has changed things recently to allow it.

>Any clues??
>

Read the mail archives, pick any month, you'll find posts in them all.

>	Pentium Pro 200
>	96mb
>	NT4.0 SP3
>
>Lunto
>HPUX chap getting to grips with NT
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com

add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".