Subject: Re: Library Link Problem
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

6 Mar 1998 02:53:56 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 18:32:58 +0000
>From: Alain CULOS <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: Library Link Problem
>
>Thanks Earnie,
>
>make (trying to compile V) produced the following output :
>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>gcc -o ../Bin/vgen ../Obj/vgapp.o ../Obj/vgcmdw.o ../Obj/vgcode.o 
.../Obj/=
>vgmdlg.o ../Obj/vgdlmdlg.o ../Obj/vgtnmdlg.o ../Obj/vgcnv.o -L../Lib 
-lco=
>mdlg32 -lkernel32 -luser32 -ladvapi32 -lgdi32 -lstdc++ -lV -mwindows
>
>/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/bin/ld.exe: warning: cannot 
f=
>ind entry symbol _WinMainCRTStartup; defaulting to 00401000
>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>
>It does compile and generate the exe I'm looking for, and the exe looks 
OK when I run it from within bash.
>Should I worry about this warning ?

This has be discussed before, there is a way to get rid of the warning.  
I don't remember how.  One thing that I noticed, in your command line 
you've included -lkernel32.  This will bite you under b18.  It will 
cause the program to crash.  -lkernel32 gets referenced from the specs 
file and causes problems when referenced more than once.

>
>Thanks again,
>Al.
<snip>

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com

add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".