Subject: RE: Set MAKE_MODE=UNIX and do a test drive with slang?
From: [email-masked] (Zow Terry Brugger)

6 Mar 1998 01:56:20 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]"
	 <[email-masked]>

Andy Piper, who has done a great deal of work on porting XEmacs to 
gun-win32 noted that the reason the XEmacs configure was failing was that 
the sh.exe in B19 is ash and not bash. Two possable fixes if this is your 
problem as well:
1. replace sh.exe with bash.exe or
2. change your configure scripts to use bash instead of sh

Hope this helps!
Terry

-----Original Message-----
From:	[email-masked]

Thanks for the latest version of cygnus, b19.

Did you do a test drive with some of the more common things from Unixland?
If you set MAKE_MODE to UNIX, call bash-2.01, and proceed to configure a
Unix-style Makefile under slang, there are error messages and the gcc
tests print to the screen between lines of the configure script.  This
is after using cygnus.bat.  Early shakedown problems or missing batch
file lines?

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".