Subject: Re: B19: truncate() missing?
From: [email-masked]

5 Mar 1998 14:19:02 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   Norman Walsh ([email-masked])
>   Thu, 5 Mar 1998 14:33:45 -0500
>Greping through the include directories, I see that sys/unistd.h
>declares truncate(), but greping through the lib directories, I
>don't see any definition for it.
>
>Sure enough, the gcc linker can't seem to find it.  Here's my
>attempt to build part of the msql package:
>
You're absolutely right.  It isn't there.  Sort  of an oversight
the way that the broken libwsock32 emulation in libcygwinb19 is
an oversight.

Never fear, though.  ftruncate() _is_ there, and you can rig up
a version of truncate() by using ftruncate.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".