Subject: Trouble with Inetd
From: [email-masked] (Administrator)

5 Mar 1998 11:50:42 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "Gnu-Win32 Archive (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>

Folks I have been attempting to set up inetd using the remote.tar
archive. I have the service installed and started OK. When I telnet I
get a login and am prompted for a password. If the authentication fails
then I go back to a login. So far so good. If the authenticate succeeds,
the login process begins, at which point I get the following:

(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1080) Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1080) Exception trapped!
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1080) exception C0000005 at 401476
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1080) exception: ax 0 bx 10055B4C cx 0 dx 0
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1080) exception: si 0 di 1 bp 240FDFC sp
240FB60
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1080) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1080) Stack trace:
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1080) frame 0: sp = 0x240F88C, pc =
0x1000A26C
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1080) frame 1: sp = 0x240F9B0, pc =
0x77F94512
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1080) frame 2: sp = 0x240F9D4, pc =
0x77F88EEB
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1080) frame 3: sp = 0x240FA60, pc =
0x77F76266
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1080) frame 4: sp = 0x240FDFC, pc =
0x10006B59
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1080) frame 5: sp = 0x240FF94, pc =
0x10006B6C
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1080) frame 6: sp = 0x240FFA0, pc = 0x4026B5
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1080) frame 7: sp = 0x240FFB0, pc = 0x40103A
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1080) frame 8: sp = 0x240FFC0, pc =
0x77F1B304
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1080) frame 9: sp = 0x240FFF0, pc = 0x0
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1080) End of stack trace
Connection closed by foreign host.

As far as I can tell the user running the service has all the correct
permissions. If I stop the service and run inetd -d from the command
line, I get a Dr Watson exception: access violation. The only thought I
have is that Sergi's instructions say "The account of a service must
have a valid cygwin's mount table". What does that mean? 

I've trawled the archives and found nothing quite like this.

Thanks,

Lunto
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".