Subject: B19: truncate() missing?
From: [email-masked] (Norman Walsh)

5 Mar 1998 11:43:40 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: [email-masked] (Norman Walsh)
Reply-To: Norman Walsh <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by SEMI MIME-Edit 0.88 "Tsurugi")
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Greping through the include directories, I see that sys/unistd.h
declares truncate(), but greping through the lib directories, I
don't see any definition for it.

Sure enough, the gcc linker can't seem to find it.  Here's my
attempt to build part of the msql package:

gcc -O -I../ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_SSIZE_T -DHAVE_U_INT
    -I../lang-common -DHAVE_DYNAMIC mod_lite.o
    ../lang-common/mod_std.o ../lang-common/mod_msql.o lite.o
    lite_lex.o modules.o ../lang-common/liblite.a ../msql/libmsql.a
    ../regexp/libreg exp.a -o lite -L../lib

.../lang-common/mod_std.o(.text+0x17ff):mod_std.c: undefined reference 
to `truncate'

Suggestions?

--norm

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".