Subject: Re: MAKE_MODE??
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

5 Mar 1998 05:51:34 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text
To: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)
Cc: [email-masked]

Earnie Boyd wrote:
> 
> If MAKE_MODE is not set then do the path seperators in the path lists 
> need to be in WIN32 format?

MAKE_MODE selects between native Win32 make mode (the default) and
a Unix mode where it behaves like a Unix make.  The Unix mode does
allow specifying Win32-style paths but only containing forward slashes
as the path separator.  The path list separator character is a colon
in Unix mode.

Win32 mode expects path separators to be either / or \.  Thus no
Unix-style \s as escape are allowed.  Win32 mode also uses
cmd.exe/command.com as the subshell which means "copy" and "del"
(and other shell builtins) will work.  The path list separator
character is semi-colon in Win32 mode.  People who want an nmake-like
make might want to use this mode but no one should expect Unix
Makefiles to compile in this mode.  That is why the default b19
install sets MAKE_MODE to UNIX.

Hope that clears this up a bit...
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".