Subject: B19 unusually slow...
From: [email-masked] (Raj Menon)

4 Mar 1998 17:47:43 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]

Hello,

I have seen a couple of other post about similar problems, but
no solutions that worked for me.  I just upgraded to B19 easily.
All gnuwin32 programs run significantly slower than in B18 and
error info in makes disappears.

A make on my project that used to take about 45 seconds in B18
now takes over 3 minutes.  Exitting bash or tcsh takes about
10-30 seconds (sometime 10, sometimes 20, sometime 30).
I added to coolview patches and things got a little better, but
not by much.

Also, when I run ediff in emacs, refining regions take 8 seconds
with b19 when it used to happen almost instantly unde b18.

Also, I set CYGWIN32 to tty (from the control pannel) for all users.
Still, stderr from b19 programs seem to disappear in bash, tcsh
and cmd.exe.  They do show up correctly when I run the compiler
by hand outside make.  

Also, I have to run make with the win32 setting as some of the NT based
compilers I use return a code that causes make to think
it is an error (ie. reaps a losing child instead of a winning child).
It seems like "make --unix" does not like the return value of the
compiler in a bash/tcsh/cmd window but "make --win32" will 
accept it just fine.  All this used to work in B18.

Any ideas?

-raj

Any ideas?

-raj

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".