Subject: newbie question--b18 not following PATH correctly
From: [email-masked]

4 Mar 1998 06:37:48 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

Ken McIntyre@DART CONTAINER CORPORATION
03/04/98 09:16 AM
I hate to interrupt you other people in the middle of the new b19 (it looks
great), but I am attempting to install b18 for the first time (I know, but
I'd rather not bet my job on beta software, particularly software I haven't
worked  with before).  I installed the software OK on NT 4.0 SP 1, set my
system variables correctly, created the tmp directory and keyed in "sh".
It worked great, everything worked fine until it tanked on the FIND
command.  I then followed the suggestion in the FAQ file, played with my
path and it still doesn't work correctly.  The info is shown below:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
C:\i-deas\ms5\ulib\geo\bom>sh
bash$ type find
find is /WINNT40/system32/find.exe
bash$ path

bash$
bash$ exit
exit

C:\i-deas\ms5\ulib\geo\bom>path
PATH=c:\gnu\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin;C:\WINNT40\system32;C:\WINNT40;

C:\WINNT40\system32\nls\ENGLISH;C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin;C:\gnuw
in32\b18\tcl\bin;
          C:\ORANT\BIN;Z:.;Y:.;X:.;Z:.;Y:.;X:.

C:\i-deas\ms5\ulib\geo\bom>sh
bash$ type find
find is /WINNT40/system32/find.exe
bash$
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------

As you can see, the path seems to be correct, but it still picks up the
Windows FIND.   What am I missing?

I apologize for disturbing you with such a simple question, but I'm
baffled.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".