Subject: Re: UPD: package status report (b19)
From: [email-masked] (Lassi A. Tuura)

4 Mar 1998 03:05:49 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "Lassi A. Tuura" <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Michael Hirmke <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

|>   - notes
|>     - Is is a cygnus bug or an rcs problem that we have to turn off
|>       the mmap feature?

I think it is a Windows feature that once you memory map a file others
cannot open that file any longer, at least not with default file sharing
settings. If I recall right, the rcs configuration script tried to
determine what happens if rcs has the file mmapped and somebody tries to
write to it at the same time.  However, it assumes this scenario is
possible in the first place, which isn't true on Windows, and thus the
script fails to analyse the situation correctly (it ends up thinking
memory mapping is impossible or something like that).

Of course, I might remember much of the above incorrectly.  It is a long
time since I looked at this the last time.

//lat
--
Every old idea will be proposed again with a different name and a
different presentation, regardless of whether it works. --RFC1925

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".