Subject: Re: B19 questions
From: [email-masked] (John A. Turner)

3 Mar 1998 18:06:24 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: GNU-Win32 <[email-masked]>

Axel Riese wrote:

> I plan to upgrade to B19 in the next few days (and I'm really looking
> forward to doing this). So far I've only read the release notes and faq's,
> but some items are rather unclear to me at this point.
> 
> Maybe someone who already installed the new version could help me with the
> following problems:
> 
>    What about binary/text mounts ??? As far as I know, B19 comes with two
>    different shells, bash and sh (I guess sh is the default, e.g. for
>    make with MAKE_MODE=UNIX). Do they expect UNIX or DOS/Win like
>    shell scripts ? Is the mount stuff still stored in the registry ?
>    If so, how does CYGWIN32=[no]binmode work then ?

I'm quite confused about this as well.  I was expecting b19 to be like
coolview and require text=binary mounts, but unless I missed it, I
didn't notice anything in the release notes about this.  And indeed
mount now reports:

/$ mount
Device           Directory           Type        Flags
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      text!=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      text!=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      text!=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      text!=binary
C:               /                   native      text!=binary

Can someone explain?

-John
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".