Subject: Re: groff-1.10
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

3 Mar 1998 17:51:46 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

I remember this problem now!! You need to quote the variable in the for 
statement.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

>Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 09:00:22 +0100 (MET)
>From: "Lassi A. Tuura" <[email-masked]>
>Reply-To: "Lassi A. Tuura" <[email-masked]>
>To: Morph <[email-masked]>
>cc: Gnu-win32 <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: groff-1.10
>
>|> if test -n ""; then \
>|>   for m in ; do \
>|>     rm -f $m-wrap; \
>|>     echo .cp 1 >$m-wrap; \
>|>     echo .so $m >>$m-wrap; \
>|>   done; \
>|> fi
>|> /bin/sh: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
>|> /bin/sh: -c: line 1: `if test -n ""; then  for m in ; do  rm -f 
$m-wrap;
>|> echo .
>|> cp 1 >$m-wrap;  echo .so $m >>$m-wrap;  done;  fi'
>|> make[2]: *** [stamp-wrap] Error 2
>|> make[1]: *** [tmac] Error 2
>|> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
>You indeed need to have something in that for statement---empty 
argument
>list after `in' is not legal shell syntax.  As to finding the problem,
>the script seems to be coming from a makefile in which the `stamp-wrap'
>target is being built.  If multiple subdirectories are involved, try
>using the `--print-directories' option to make to see which 
subdirectory
>the makefile is in.  Then start looking for lines starting with
>`stamp-wrap:' in that makefile to see what make is trying to do. 
>
>//lat
>--
>Every old idea will be proposed again with a different name and a
>different presentation, regardless of whether it works. --RFC1925
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com

add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".