Subject: Re: groff-1.10 , 1.11a B19 (problems)
From: [email-masked]

3 Mar 1998 10:08:17 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   Konstantin Metlov ([email-masked])
>   Mon, 2 Mar 1998 11:21:04 +0100

>I saw reports on this list about successfull compilation of groff. In my
>case it was different.
>
>Actually, in my configuration, compilation went fine without any errors.
>But, when running "nroff -man ..." it formats small (~<1.4Kb) man pages
>properly, but for larger ones produces a lot of "numeric overflow" error
>messages (mixed with some other induced complaints of grotty).
>
>I have tried to follow advices in the "problems" file to redefine INT_MIN.
>But none of the two advices helped... The "numeric overflow" messages are
>still produced...
>
>I found out, that errors are coming out of "troff/number.cc", but my C++
>knowledge is weak and I was not able to figure out why...

I managed to compile groff1.11 on my b19 system, only to find out that
programs like Midnight Commander refused to use the nroff script that
groff generates.  So, I re-compiled nroff, and that worked, with the
usual nroff crash problems on certain man page files.

At least for nroff, the author admits that the program generates
system-independent crashes of various sorts when not properly initialized
by the formatted print files.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".