Subject: RE: Installing on win95/nt on the same box
From: [email-masked] (Bug Hunter)

2 Mar 1998 20:46:07 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <2370C71DDDA0D111B12900A0C99809FB2280@BLUEGRASS>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: "Michael J. Kitchin" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Sun, 1 Mar 1998, Michael J. Kitchin wrote:

> 
> Win95 and WinNT can not exist on the same partition. If you do not have
> partitions that you can allocate for this purpose, you will need to

  Not totally true.  If the partition stays FAT, you can install win95 in
directory \win95 and winnt in directory \winnt4, for example.  The trick
is to install windows 95 first, then install winnt.  I have even briefly
had win NT 3.51, NT 4.0 and Win95 on the same partition, booting into each
with the bootloader menu.

  However, you loose the directory control information without NTFS.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".