Subject: Re: LL.dll or is it ii.dll
From: [email-masked] (James Dumser)

2 Mar 1998 18:58:19 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Geoffrey Noer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998 14:49:35 -0800 (PST), Geoffrey Noer 
  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> \"Zow\" Terry Brugger wrote:
> [...]
>> conceivable). Now that file could be LL.dll or ii.dll. Heck, it could 
>> even be Li.dll or iL.dll for all I know (the font's not very 
>> descriptive). I mailed the XEmacs-NT list to see if maybe it was a 
>> XEmacs thing, but I'm also posting here in case it's a B19 thing. So 
>> does this dll mean anything to anyone here, especially those that put 
>> together B19?
> [...]
> 
> I haven't tested building XEmacs with b19.  I certainly have never
> heard of ll.dll or ii.dll.

I don't know what ll.dll ii.dll is either, but I've been getting the
same message.

After installing B19, vim (5.0h compiled for cygwin [B18], for which I
only got binaries from someone on this list) stopped working correctly
-- it still works, but it doesn't recognize that it's attached to a
terminal (exact error is "Vim: Warning: Output is not to a terminal /
Vim: Warning: Input is not from a terminal") so the display is
"uncooked."

I pulled down vim-5.0k and attempted to build it under B19. It builds
(tho with several warnings), but the executable aborts with the message
"The dynamic link library ll could not be found in the specified path"
The only libraries it uses are X11 and ncurses, neither of which have
been recompiled for B19. I don't need X11 support, but turning it off is
just a little difficult without a working vi.

-- 
James Dumser    972.462.5335    [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".