Subject: b19 and make resolved
From: [email-masked] (Ian Collins)

2 Mar 1998 14:39:08 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: gnuwin32 <[email-masked]>

I figured what was going on (and what was different between b18 and b19
). I hadn't put a leading dot in $CDPATH (why this makes a difference
I'm not quite sure, and why I even thought of trying it is of some
mystery as well).

> I am trying to compile a program suite using the makefiles that I used

> successfully in b18. This is causing some problems as the make appears

> to behave differently.
> I have a number of rules setup within make. One of which is, (sigh,
yes
> a lot of this package is in Fortran, which is auto translated to C):

> .f.o:
>     cd $(<D); $(F77) $(F77FLAGS) -c `basename $<'

> I find that the $(F77) invariably runs in the directory ABOVE the one
in
> which the make started. I am using these same make rules not only in
b19
> and b18 but also on about seven different dialects of Unix with no
> problems.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".