Subject: Re: Does VPATH work in make?
From: [email-masked] (Terry Colligan)

2 Mar 1998 10:14:33 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: Fergus Henderson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

At 04:55 PM 3/2/98 +1100, Fergus Henderson <[email-masked]> wrote:
>On 28-Feb-1998, Terry Colligan <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> 
>>   I've looked through the last two months postings, the FAQ, the
>>   release notes, etc. and see no mention of this.  Am I the only
>>   one trying to use VPATH?
>
>I've used VPATH successfully with b18.

  Some more data:  I've tried the small test VPATH cases in the
  O'Reilly Make book, and it appears to work.  But my 30 file make
  still fails on the first file it is supposed to find from the
  VPATH directory.  I haven't been able to create a small test
  case as yet.

------------------------------------------------------------
Terry Colligan, President         mailto:[email-masked]
Tenberry Software, Inc.              http://www.tenberry.com

Moderator of the Software-Quality email list on producing high 
quality software: mailto:[email-masked]. 

Deliver zero-defect software -- our methods work reliably
and can be used by most programmers in most organizations. 
           http://www.tenberry.com/errfree.htm

[email-masked]     phone(508)653-6006    fax(508)655-2753
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".