Subject: B19 questions
From: [email-masked] (Axel Riese)

2 Mar 1998 09:21:16 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked] (GNU-Win32)

Dear all !

I plan to upgrade to B19 in the next few days (and I'm really looking
forward to doing this). So far I've only read the release notes and faq's,
but some items are rather unclear to me at this point.

Maybe someone who already installed the new version could help me with the
following problems:

   What about binary/text mounts ??? As far as I know, B19 comes with two
   different shells, bash and sh (I guess sh is the default, e.g. for
   make with MAKE_MODE=UNIX). Do they expect UNIX or DOS/Win like
   shell scripts ? Is the mount stuff still stored in the registry ?
   If so, how does CYGWIN32=[no]binmode work then ?

Thanks for your help,

   Axel

===========================================================================
Axel Riese
Research Institute for Symbolic Computation
J. Kepler University Linz
A-4040 Linz                          e-Mail: [email-masked]
Austria             URL: http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/ariese/home/
===========================================================================
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".