Subject: RE: Problems running Python interactively from GNU-Win32 bash pro mpt
From: [email-masked] (Oliver Burn)

2 Mar 1998 03:12:39 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "'David Ascher'" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Its not just python. I have been experiencing the same problems with any
interactive programs. E.g. %SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe will fail to
run interactively.

Also, when I have CYGWIN32 set to "title tty strip", the bash shell
hangs when I try exit it.

Oliver
--
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/5723/

On Saturday, February 28, 1998 9:51 AM, David Ascher
[SMTP:[email-masked]] wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> > I installed GNU-Win32 b19 (http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/)
and
> > Python1.5 (http://www.python.org/ftp/python/win32/) on a Windows NT
> > machine today. I can't seem to run python.exe interactively from the
> > bash prompt.  I can run it with a .py file on the command line and
it
> > executes the script just fine.  I can run it from a DOS prompt or
from
> > the Start Menu where the installer stuck a link to it and get the
> > Python interpreter prompt.  From a bash prompt with no command line
> > args I get nothing, not even an error, just another bash prompt, as
if
> > I ran it with /dev/null on stdin.
> > 
> > Any ideas why I wouldn't be able to run it interactively from bash?

> 
> Which Python are you talking about?  Guido's MSVC compiled version?
If
> yes, I have no idea.  If a gcc-compiled one, you probably (just a
guess)
> should make sure to include 'tty' in your CYGWIN32 env't variable.
> 
> --david
> 
> -
> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message
to
> "[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".