Subject: groff-1.10 , 1.11a B19 (problems)
From: [email-masked] (Konstantin Metlov)

2 Mar 1998 02:43:20 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="koi8-r"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Hello !!!

I saw reports on this list about successfull compilation of groff. In my
case it was different.

Actually, in my configuration, compilation went fine without any errors.
But, when running "nroff -man ..." it formats small (~<1.4Kb) man pages
properly, but for larger ones produces a lot of "numeric overflow" error
messages (mixed with some other induced complaints of grotty).

I have tried to follow advices in the "problems" file to redefine INT_MIN.
But none of the two advices helped... The "numeric overflow" messages are
still produced...

I found out, that errors are coming out of "troff/number.cc", but my C++
knowledge is weak and I was not able to figure out why...

May be somebody found the similar problem. Or may be I forgot to do
something important.

The same prolem was with both groff-1.10 and groff-1.11 .

Otherwise I have compiled ncurses-1.9.9e and less... everything was like in
UNIX so far, except of editing makefiles to install programs with .exe
suffix.

With the best regards,
            Konstantin Metlov.

PS I'm not a C, C++ expert, i did not program in those languages about 5
years and forgot everything already... Please, explain, if possible, in a
less complicated way...
PPS I honestly checked the ML archives and didn't find any similar question.

Configuration:
I have B19 on WinNT WS 4.0 SP3, 32M P90.

I have recreated  UNIX like directory structure with mounts :
c:\Cygnus\B19    /usr                native      text=binary
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      text!=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      text!=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      text!=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      text!=binary
c:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin /bin                native
text=binary
c:\Cygnus        /                   native      text=binary

and created all other normal UNIX dirs in c:\Cygnus , such as /var, /tmp ,
/home ...

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".