Subject: b19 and make
From: [email-masked] (Ian Collins)

1 Mar 1998 23:14:03 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: gnuwin32 <[email-masked]>

I am trying to compile a program suite using the makefiles that I used
successfully in b18. This is causing some problems as the make appears
to behave differently.
I have a number of rules setup within make. One of which is, (sigh, yes
a lot of this package is in Fortran, which is auto translated to C):

..f.o:
    cd $(<D); $(F77) $(F77FLAGS) -c `basename $<'

I find that the $(F77) invariably runs in the directory ABOVE the one in
which the make started. I am using these same make rules not only in b19
and b18 but also on about seven different dialects of Unix with no
problems.

Any ideas anyone?

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".