Subject: Re: ncurses-4.1 under b19?
From: [email-masked]

1 Mar 1998 15:22:42 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   Michael Hirmke ([email-masked])
>   01 Mar 1998 10:27:00 +0100
>>Has anyone tried building ncurses-4.1 using b19 yet?  I was able to
>>build and install it using coolview, but have hit a snag with b19.
>
>Yep, works like a charm - only thing is, you have to replace /bin/sh,
>which is actually an ash port, with bash.
>
>cp /bash.exe /bin/sh.exe
>
>and you're done.
>It seems to be the "quoting bug" in ash, which prevents compiling
>ncurses in this case.

That sounds like one of those games that warn you "not to try this at
home".  Using bash to replace sh in /bin makes more trouble for other
programs like Midnight Commander.  I have a sneaking suspicion that
b19 is going to be a very short-lived release.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".