Subject: Re: Does the b19 gcc have a compatibility option for compiling Mingw3
From: [email-masked]

1 Mar 1998 15:13:22 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   [email-masked]
>   Sun, 1 Mar 1998 07:41:57 GMT
>That's the question:  Is there a command-line option that can be added
>to the ming specs so that gcc-b19 compiles ming-compatible code and
>links with, say, the latest egcs ming libraries?
>
>Contrariwise, is anyone in the ming camp going to make an addon ming
>release compatible with gcc-b19?

If you compile the minimalist MINGW32 source using gcc-b19, then attempt
to compile hello.c with the ming specs in place and the includes and lib
changed, you get a message to the effect that gcc-b19 can't find __main.
Adding test __main and _main to ming doesn't get rid of that message.
And, using the precompiled gcc2.8 libraries has the same effect.
Œ
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".