Subject: RE: Installing on win95/nt on the same box
From: [email-masked] (Michael J. Kitchin)

1 Mar 1998 08:44:35 -0800
Message-ID: <2370C71DDDA0D111B12900A0C99809FB2280.cygnus.gnu-win32@BLUEGRASS>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]

Win95 and WinNT can not exist on the same partition. If you do not have
partitions that you can allocate for this purpose, you will need to
repartition and reformat a drive. In addition, everything that depends
on (a) their own DLLs located in the standard system paths or (b) their
own registry keys will need to be re-installed for the new OS. In a
majority of occasions you can store the application in the same
directory IF the two OSs share a file system -- ie, FAT (can WinNT mount
FAT32? Win59 will definitely not see NTFS). If you install Win95 first
then NT, NT should add Win95 to it's boot-up menu automagically. If the
other order, you can add Win95 to the menu manually.

(Bring a book.)

							MJK

On Saturday, February 28, 1998 11:27 PM, Marty Leisner
[SMTP:[email-masked]] wrote:
> 
> What's the procedure to install on both windows95 and NT on
> the same box (I don't want to have to reinstall everything twice.)
> 
> 
> marty		[email-masked]   
> Don't  confuse education with schooling.
> 	Milton Friedman to Yogi Berra
> -
> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message
to
> "[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".