Subject: Hip, Hip, Hooray for b19
From: [email-masked] (Steve Biskis)

1 Mar 1998 08:20:07 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

All I've got to say is WAY TO GO guys,

Especially for your work on the cygwinb19.dll init internals !!!

Special thanks to Ton Van Overbeek for the sneaky
"spawn-thread/init-cygwin/fake-main-callback/hang-it-in-limbo" hack.
It definitely did NOT work w/b18 and delphi-3 executables.
EXTRA special thanks to whoever reworked those dll init internals.

Its nice to finally be able to use dlls compiled w/gnu-win32 as, well,
dlls.
But shouldn't cygwinbXX.dll initialize its per-process internals upon
process 
attachment regardless of whether or not it finds a main or WinMain ?

Maybe this new version already can do this and I just missed it.

1 more question:

Whats the difference between libgcc.a & libc.a?
It looks like libc is the one used by the dll since you get 
"_impure_ptr redefined" warnings if you try to put it and -lcygwin 
on a link line together but things still compile.  So what are the
pros and cons of linking one vs. the other ?

da bisk

 

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".