Subject: Re: B19 _slow_ response time?
From: [email-masked] (Terry Colligan)

1 Mar 1998 04:01:36 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: Geoffrey Noer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

At 08:32 PM 2/28/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Norman Walsh wrote:
>> 
>> I just installed B19 on my NT/SP3 system.  I've noticed that some
>> commands (simple things like "cd") take more than 10 seconds to complete.
>> (Starting a new shell pauses after the "Cygnus Cygwin32 B19" message
>> for about 12 seconds).
>
>From what I have heard, this appears to happen in a bash shell started
>up directly but not in a bash shell started up under a command shell.
>I have not experienced this problem yet myself but will try to
>duplicate it next week.

  I'm getting very similar behavior on a 200MHz 64MB Pentium (non-MMX) WinNT
  4.0 system, running in a largish (1.5MB) NTFS partition, except it's
  not bash, just make.  A relatively simple make, which completes in
  under 2 seconds under Delorie, takes more than 15 seconds.  And then
  it has a problem with VPATH, so it doesn't do nearly as much in the
  15 seconds.  Not much disk activity during the first 10 seconds or so.

------------------------------------------------------------
Terry Colligan, President         mailto:[email-masked]
Tenberry Software, Inc.              http://www.tenberry.com

Moderator of the Software-Quality email list on producing high 
quality software: mailto:[email-masked]. 

Deliver zero-defect software -- our methods work reliably
and can be used by most programmers in most organizations. 
           http://www.tenberry.com/errfree.htm

[email-masked]     phone(508)653-6006    fax(508)655-2753
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".