Subject: Re: ncurses-4.1 under b19?
From: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)

1 Mar 1998 02:37:21 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <DD1A417EB683D111828300A024C3446336FCAE@SJXPR05>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

>Has anyone tried building ncurses-4.1 using b19 yet?  I was able to
>build and install it using coolview, but have hit a snag with b19.

Yep, works like a charm - only thing is, you have to replace /bin/sh,
which is actually an ash port, with bash.

cp <cygnus>/bash.exe /bin/sh.exe

and you're done.
It seems to be the "quoting bug" in ash, which prevents compiling
ncurses in this case.

As for me, I did the above mentioned copy *and* mounted my Cygnus
directory to /bin. So normally I have ash as sh, but if I need bash as
sh, I simply umount /bin and get the original contents of /bin, i.e.
bash.

[...]

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                         | WWW     http://minimike.franken.de/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".