Subject: Re: b19 and win95
From: [email-masked]

28 Feb 1998 23:58:59 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   Gavin Lambert ([email-masked])
>   Sun, 01 Mar 1998 16:25:44 +1200
>At 21:11 28/02/98 -0500, David Walter wrote:
>>Now consistently, but at different stages of the build process the
>>machine freezes.
>
>I encountered this problem (or a similar one) a few times on b18, too; when
>running long processes such as configure scripts etc, frequently something
>died partway through, requiring either a Ctrl-Break or a reboot, but when I
>reran the script later, it crashed in a different place, or made it through
>without any problems.

Actually, if you type CTRL-C in the middle of a configure script, the machine
freezes as well.  I finally got groff to untar and actually compile with a
little coaxing under b19 (but not b18), so now the groff script that emulates
nroff freezes when Midnight Commander calls it.  It freezes while `sh' is
the title of the window.

>If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite
>you.  This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. -- Mark Twain

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".