Subject: Re: b19 notes
From: [email-masked] (root)

28 Feb 1998 02:10:22 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

>>- If you are upgrading from b18, MAKE SURE you copy the new shell
  into /bin.  If you prefer to keep the old around:

      mkdir /bin2
      cp /bin/* /bin2
      mount c:/bin2 /bin     # mount bin2 over bin, for this account
      cp /sh.exe /bin

  If you do not do this, you WILL have problems with "make" and
  "configure".
<<
You might also mention that the c:\usr directory from b18 can't remain
with that name,
or gcc will keep trying to compile b18 programs.  In other words, all
the stuff under
c:\usr has to be moved to, say, c:\usr.b18 to stop `make' and `gcc'
problems.

It is always a lot of fun to have managed to port a program like lynx to
b18, only
to discover that something was done to the cygwin socket port in b19,
and now
lynx doesn't connect over the internet properly when you compile it and
link it the way that worked for b18.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".