Subject: b19 notes
From: [email-masked] (Tim Newsham)

27 Feb 1998 17:47:53 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

- If you are upgrading from b18, MAKE SURE you copy the new shell
  into /bin.  If you prefer to keep the old around:

      mkdir /bin2
      cp /bin/* /bin2
      mount c:/bin2 /bin     # mount bin2 over bin, for this account
      cp <cyg path>/sh.exe /bin

  If you do not do this, you WILL have problems with "make" and
  "configure".

- you probably want to keep b18 bin directory in your path for
  bins built under b18.  (might be useful to have a copy of the
  b18 "ps" command renamed in your path somewhere, though not sure
  perhaps b19's ps picks up all b18 processes too?)

- If you want to build sources:

      cd objdir
      srcdir/cdk/configure --prefix=/install i386-cygwin32
      make

- and a problem:

    I've noticed problems with the CVS recently.  It seems to constantly
chew up memory until it completes while doing checkouts and updates.
On large directory checkouts and updates (for example, the cdk sources), it
quickly consumes all of swap (I raised my swap to 200M, and still ran
out.)  I'm not sure if this is new under b19 (due to the mix of the
b18 compiled cvs binary and b19 programs it might be calling?) or if
this problem also exists in b18.  I'm using a precompiled binary from
http://parallax.co.uk/~andyp which references http://www.cyclic.com/
in its usage messages.

                                         Tim N.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".